In New Orleans on December 1st the Midshipmen fell to the Green Wave, 51-41.
Tulane overpowered Navy in rebounding and free throw shooting. There was a big gap in rebounding with Tulane tallying 43 boards compared to 27 by Navy. The Green Wave were solid at the line, hitting 21 of their free throw attempts to three for the Midshipmen. The area where Navy really struggled was points, with only 41 for this game against a season average of 56.1.
A note about the matchup: Last year, Tulane beat Navy 57-55.
Worth Smith and Brandon Venturini played hard for the Midshipmen with 11 points each.
Tilman Dunbar led both teams with five assists.
The Midshipmen are now 4-5.
Next on the schedule is Monmouth on the road on December 5th.
- In 100% of losses this season, Navy has recorded 27 or fewer rebounds.
- Worth Smith recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with 4.
- Navy set a season low for free throws made.
- The top two scorers (Brandon Venturini and Worth Smith) accounted for 53.6% of the points.
- Worth Smith has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 9 games this season.
Tulane Game Notes:
- Josh Davis accounted for 33.3% of the team's points.
- Josh Davis recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 18th of his career.
- The top two rebounders (Josh Davis and Trevante Drye) accounted for 41.8% of the rebounds.
- Josh Davis has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Josh Davis recorded the 22nd double digit rebound game of his career.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Worth Smith
, Brandon Venturini
, Tilman Dunbar